Future of project

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

I'm evaluating Amqp.Net Lite for integration with ActiveMQ.

Just some questions:
  • Is this code shared by the Azure Service Bus client library?
  • Is there a roadmap for the project?
  • Are you planning to have regular releases?
  • Are you accepting community contributions?
  • Will the library ever be officially supported?
Thanks,
Steven Padfield
Principal Platform Engineer
Practice Fusion
May 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM
I'm evaluating Amqp.Net Lite against other .NET AMQP implementations and the answers to these questions would help a lot. I like what I see with the Amqp.Net library, but for a production project I need to understand the future of the project better.
Coordinator
May 20, 2015 at 6:55 PM
The Azure Service Bus client uses a similar but not the same code base. The primary reason is that this library is targeting all popular .NET frameworks and the Windows Runtime environment. The protocol core has to be written with limited set of APIs from the .NET framework.

There will be a couple more major releases after the first release. I don't know the exact timeline yet. The planned features for next release are mainly about failover and auto-reconnect. Most likely it will be another layer on top of the current protocol core implementation.

Community contributions are very welcome. Right now it is not easy to take community contributions. We are exploring other ways to make this easier.

Like most other open source projects, there is no official support for the library from the development team. But we do look at every reported issue and address it as quickly as we can.

Thanks,
Xin
May 21, 2015 at 12:38 AM
Thanks for the information, Xin.

-Rob
Jun 9, 2015 at 12:59 AM
xinchen wrote:
Community contributions are very welcome. Right now it is not easy to take community contributions. We are exploring other ways to make this easier.
I'm curious if you've fleshed out the plan for making it easier to accept community contributions yet. Thanks.